How to make a file writeable (chmod 777)
Our system requires that the content files and directories are set to be writable (chmod 777) and this guide will help you.
- Connect to your web server with your telnet software
- Change directory with cd. Navigate to the /members/content folder
- Type chmod 777 * to change mode for all files in that directory. If you only want to change mode for a special type of file your can use chmod 777 *.txt *.dat or chmod 777 filename.ext.
In this example we\'re going to use WS FTP, but you can use any other FTP software that support chmod UNIX.
- Connect to your server and navigate to the /members/content folder
- Select the folder and right click on it
- Select Chmod UNIX in the menu
- Check the checkboxes as described on the picture below