Knowledgebase: User Manual
End-User Cookie Use in Templates
Posted by Mark [Elevated X Support] on 02 May 2018 03:05 PM
Here are the ways cookies are used on front-facing areas (all themes):|
- A cookie is set to determine whether or not to show the warning popup when you first go to the site.
- If full page offers are enabled, a cookie is stored that says whether or not the person has seen the ad already.
- In members and VOD areas, a cookie is set on which sets have been voted on.
- In members and VOD areas, a cookie is set on which DVDs have been voted on.
- In members and VOD areas, a cookie is set on which models have been voted on.
- In tour areas, a cookie is set to keep count of how many trailers have been clicked. This is used to determine whether or not to let the end-user view the trailer or direct them to a join page.
- In tour and trial areas, if NATS is being used, the system stores a cookie with the enduser's affiliate code that has been passed to them.
- On the tour area, the system rotates headers. The system stores a cookie to make sure the new pageload rotates the header and does not use the header from the previous pageload.
- A cookie is stored that keeps the scroll position on a page. This way, after logging in or logging out, the system will scroll back to that point on the page.
- If multi-language is enabled, a cookie stores which language the user wishes to see.
- If the mobile plugin is enabled, a cookie stores if a user wants to see the mobile or full version of a site.
- If EX Protect is used, a cookie is used to store authentication information.
- Our template uses FancyBox3 and MediaElements.js. These plugins store cookies in order to keep settings related to how content is displayed on the page.
- In VOD, if a user is redirected to a login page, a cookie stores their previous position so they are redirected after logging in
- In VOD, If a user tries to make a purchase without logging in, a cookie is set so that they get a popup prompt after logging back in.
- In VOD, a cookie is stored for a "cart id" when a user is not logged in. This way, they can add items to their shopping cart before signing up.
- In VOD, cookies are used to store authentication information.
- In VOD, when a purchase is being made, a cookie is stored that determines where to redirect the user after a purchase.